Use github for dictionary changes.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Apr 3 19:18:59 EDT 2016

So, inspired by all this discussion about editing the dictionary, I
tried to follow Ali's instructions for getting set up on github, etc.
(from
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/community-docs/docs/contributing_to_docs.md),
in particular the section under "Command line".

I got registered as a user, verified my email, .....

and then

> go to the livecode repohttps://github.com/livecode/livecodeand click Fork

Done OK.

> then in a terminal window, in a suitable directory, run
>
> |git clone --recursive https://github.com/<your user name>/livecode.git|

Done OK

> once this is done, add the livecode repo as upstream
>
> |git remote add upstream https://github.com/livecode/livecode.git|

Fails. I get the following ....
> $ git remote add upstream https://github.com/livecode/livecode.git
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thanks
Alex.
btw - I loved the fact that the first line of instruction under "command
line" included an instruction telling me to click somewhere.