Set Text to the Vertical Center of the field

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 3 00:05:50 EDT 2016

Ralph DiMola wrote:

    put the EFFECTIVE formattedheight of \
       char 1 to -1 of pObj into tFheight

There it is! "EFFECTIVE"!

Once I use Jacque's technique of omitting the margins by obtaining only
the formattedHeight of the text itself, and Ralph's astute awareness
that apparently it's possible to have a formattedHeight different from
an EFFECTIVE formattedHeight, all four versions of this algo adjusted
with those changes work well to produce the same good result.

Ralph, help me out here:  under what circumstances would the
formattedHeight and the effectiveFormattedHeight differ for a range of text?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems