Difficulty using Livecode.com

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 17:17:59 EDT 2016

On 04/01/2016 12:41 AM, Tore Nilsen wrote:
> If you want to access the app building course you should click on
> your name in the upper right corner of the web page (when you are
> logged in). You will then find a link to the app building course in
> the menu to the left of the new page which contains various
> information about your lisences.
>
> Tore

OK, I did that.  You must be referring to Products --> Create it with
LiveCode Trial.

[1] That takes me here:
https://livecode.com/courses/create-it-with-livecode-course/ Where I see
2 buttons. (Enroll Now | $59) and (Start Trial).

[2] If I click on (Enroll Now) I go here:
https://www.cleverbridge.com/1288/surl-GWVb1g9whO. I see a shopping cart
to purchase an Indy license, nothing about the $59 app building course.

[3] There is a (Continue Shopping) button there. I clicked on it
thinking it may lead to the app building course but it lead here:
http://livecode.com/

Unless I messed up somehow this is not going to lead to many app course
sales. I tried it with both PaleMoon (a Firefox fork) and Chrome on Ubuntu.

Now a question about the course.  I clicked on the trial and stepped
through it a bit.  I see it is based on the BYU course. A while ago I
looked at the BYU course and was told that it wasn't suitable for Linux
users at this time, apparently because it was graphics intensive.

Right now I am interested in learning Livecode on the desktop only,
mobile may come later.  Looking at the list of lessons on the right I
don't see anything that jumps out at me as being very graphics
intensive. So is this version less graphics intensive?

If I could work my way through most of the desktop centered lesions
using Linux the price is certainly right.

Regards,  Jim