Why isn't isoToMac anymore needed with LC 8 custom props?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Apr 1 05:42:38 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am storing some text in custom properties. Developing on Windows I always
put the text with isoToMac into a field, when the platform is MacOS.

With LC 8 the German Umlauts get corrupted, when using this LC 6 method, but
when just putting the pure custom property into the field, like on windows,
everything works fine, even on a Mac.

Just for my understanding I would like to know, why this isn't necessary
anymore in LC 8. Am I right, that the text now is stored in Unicode in the
custom property, when I save the file on windows and therefore I don't have
to translate it anymore on Mac, when using this custom property? If yes,
when do I still need isoToMac? Or is LC8 now analyzing even custom
properties and translates those texts automatically?

Tiemo