gjpqy cut off while typing

Mark Mitchell cowhead at mac.com
Wed Sep 30 14:47:15 EDT 2015

This is just an irritating little thing, but it’s been going on for more than a decade.  While you are typing in English “g j p q y” all get cut off on the bottom.  Here is an example:  http://imgur.com/Wc1yvsM

It only happens while the field is focused for typing and if you hit return or click out of the field, it fixes itself.  Adjusting the ‘fixed line hight’ or the margins or the font does not fix it (any incarnation of Mac, don’t know about windows).  So it is not a big deal, but it is a decade long irritant, and it effects the software we are making for teaching “letters” and typing and such.  It doesn’t happen in the mail software I am using to type this, so it is not, strictly, a ‘mac’ issue.

Best,

Mark