Using C library functions from LiveCode Builder

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Sep 29 17:13:13 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I've was asked to provide an example of how to use LiveCode Builder's
foreign function interface (FFI) to call non-LiveCode functions in C
libraries.  So, I've written a blog post that describes how to run a
shell command from LCB using the C standard libraries "system()"
function.

http://blog.peter-b.co.uk/2015/09/using-c-library-functions-from-livecode.html

I'd be interested to read your comments. :-)

                           Peter

P.S. Thank you for all the great replies to the "What are you working
on?" thread.  It's been really fascinating reading!  Don't forget that
I'm keen to highlight your open source projects in the This Week in
LiveCode newsletter -- please get in touch if you have anything to
include.

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Open Source Team