Two mobile audio issues

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Sep 25 10:40:50 EDT 2015

Nothing to do with audio but.....

My first customer wanted the app to suspend in iOS like Android did by default. Android will keep an app running until? It seems that the Android app will keep running until the OS needs to dump it for memory reclamation? I have not done timing test to see if it a fixed amount of time will also dump the app. Android leaves the app running at least long enough the user can answer a call or read email and return to a running app. That being said I have used the iOS plist hack in all my apps in the iStore store since 2012. I have not gotten any blow back from Apple (for a host of other things but not the plist hack). All I do is delete:

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
   ${APPLICATION_EXITS_ON_SUSPEND}

Ralph DiMola
IT Director