AW: Platform-specific file path delimiters

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Sep 24 07:21:19 EDT 2015

Good to know!

Though I knew, that I could have only used "/" for all platforms, I always
put lots of effort in setting platform specific slashes in every case,
because of "nicer" error messages for the end user.
If you are building a path like specialFolderPath("sdat") & slash & myFolder
etc. and get back any kind or error like path/file not found, on windows it
will look like "C:\ProgramData/myFolder/etc", what puzzled some customers,
telling me, that this strange path with slash and backslash can't work
(though the reason was other)...
I know, that I could have refined the path platform specific only for
messaging, but that was too much overhead for me. In future I will only use
slash and let the customers be puzzled.
Thanks
Tiemo