LiveCode for the rest of us

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 18 19:45:17 EDT 2015

Tim Selander wrote:
> Filemaker with xTalk replacing FM's miserable "scripting."  I
> have been looking for that product, to no avail, since the demise
> of HyperCard.

Some of that excellent post is even bigger than making a FileMaker clone:

I can think of few things that would deliver a higher ROI than having
input filter and display format properties for fields.

Very few apps *don't* need those, and for all the ostensible "ease" of
programming with LiveCode, once newcomers see how tedious it is to have
to hand-craft solutions for these sorts of things that so many other
tools have built-in, it's kind of a turn off.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems