revFontLoad issue: odd spacing

Curtis Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Fri Sep 18 10:16:45 EDT 2015

I'm running into an issue with revFontLoad on Windows 10 (Livecode
7.0.5). The first time I open the standalone, the font seems to load OK
- text is clearly displaying in the custom font - but it looks like
there's 4 or 5 spaces between each word. If I close the standalone and
open it a second time, text displays properly, with no spacing issues,
in the correct font. (I'm not using revFontUnload.)

In preOpenStack I have a loadTheFonts handler, and farther down in the
stack script I have

on loadTheFonts

    put "CharisSILB.ttf,CharisSILBI.ttf,CharisSILI.ttf,CharisSILR.ttf"
into theFonts

    repeat with i = 1 to 4
       if (item i of theFonts is in the fontNames) is false then
          set the itemDelimiter to "/"
          put item 1 to -2 of the filename of this stack into tLocation
          set the itemDelimiter to comma
          put "/Fonts/" after tLocation
          put item i of theFonts after tLocation
          if there is a file tLocation then
             revFontLoad tLocation
          else
             answer "The font file" && item i of theFonts && "was not
found."
          end if
       end if
    end repeat
end loadTheFonts

Any ideas? Should I be calling revFontLoad in some other way?

thanks,

Curt
--
Sent from Postbox