[ANN] LiveCode External to validate the MAS Receipt

Guglielmo Braguglia guglielmo at braguglia.ch
Wed Sep 16 03:18:00 EDT 2015

Hi Matthias,
YES, to play with this you should know some C/C++ and some ... "low
level" thinks like how to download and install a packages from the
console (... e.g. last version of OpenSSH).

Next ... the biggest problem is that people at RunRev/LiveCode never
updated what is necessary to make the "externals" both on OS X and iOS
and all is available only for veeeery old versions of Xcode, so ...
... you need to do really a lot of work to arrive to compile with the
last versions of Xcode.

Just look into this page https://livecode.com/resources/guides/ ...
click on "Desktop externals" or in "iOS Externals Guide" and you receive
a nice: "OOPS! It looks like that page no longer exists." ... that say a
lot about "External" support from RunRev/LiveCode  :(

Then, to answer to your last question ...
... yes, sure, is quite easy possible to hack also the iOS applications
not using some "Receipt validation", so ... be careful  :D :D :D

Guglielmo