Audio Delivery to Multiple Platforms

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Sep 11 13:47:30 EDT 2015

@ Tom

Good to know that works on Windows. Yesterday I did start by creating a
player, setting it off screen for my Mac OSX UI.  Glad to know that
works on Windows. One of our business team here moved entirely off the
Mac Platform over to windows (and built his entire box from the ground
up... some incredible number of cores etc...) So I can have him test...

Why do you lock and unlock messages?

@ Paolo

Thanks for the stacks you sent off list.

"Play soundFile"  for Mobile .... ha! that's too easy...

You are right. the documentation on multi-media is near complete chaos:
play, play audioClip, play soundFile, then there's all the
"mobilePlaySoundOnChannel" related commands.  if you enter SoundFile in
the dictionary search... you don't get anything.    the keyword in the
dictionary is "Play file"  I need to remember to always use BvGs Docu 2
stack... because this would have found it.

  for my use case "play soundFile" will suffice.
so it should be as simple as

if the environment <> "mobile" then
    # do everything with a player object

else
   play soundFile

end if

OK...wow that's easier than I thought it would be.

Now if both of these will stream a file from our server

http://www.HimalayanAcademy.com/media/audio/songs/bhajan/ganesha/ekadantaya-namah_pm/ekadantaya-namah_pm.mp3
<view-source:http://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/audio/songs/bhajan/ganesha/ekadantaya-namah_pm/ekadantaya-namah_pm.mp3>

it will be great.

BR