Audio Delivery to Multiple Platforms

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Fri Sep 11 12:22:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

This approach is working to play mp3s in a LC 7.0.5 standalone on Windows 7
and Vista:

I've tested this on a Windows 7 machine where QT is installed, but I set the
dontuseQT to true. And on a Vista machine that does not have QT installed.
Worked on both.

on PlayMP3 theMP3file, pname
lock messages
set the filename of player pname to theMP3file
unlock messages
set the currentTime of player pname to 0
start player pname
end PlayMP3

And to stop the player:

stop player pname

I don't know yet how well this holds up on versions of Windows other than 7
and Vista.

Hope that helps.
Tom