LiveCode and Yosemite

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Sep 10 13:36:19 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I recently switched both my main development station and my Mac labs to 10.10 Yosemite. I have noticed a couple of problems with LiveCode standalones, and I wonder if anyone here has noticed the same things on Yosemite.

- The initial connection to an online database tends to have a significant delay. Subsequent connections during the same session seem as fast as ever. I’m still trying to determine whether this problem is with LiveCode or with the server.

- I see screen flickering during the execution of visual effects or on buttons with various icon image states. For example on a button that has a “resting” icon and a hover icon there is some screen flickering on the button when I move my mouse cursor to it.

I should add that this is primarily with standalones built with LC 6.5 or earlier. I realize that I need to update these eventually, but I wonder, in light of these anomalies, if I need to accelerate that schedule?

Has anyone noticed similar things?

Thanks,

Devin

Devin Asay