LiveCode repo name change fixer

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Sep 9 21:07:50 EDT 2015

On 09/09/2015 05:20 PM, Monte Goulding wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Some of you may know that all the references to RunRev and Runtime revolution are being cleaned out and the github account has changed from runrev to livecode. This means all our clones are broken so to save everyone some time I made a stack that will fix it for you. Here it is:
>
> https://gist.github.com/montegoulding/2cc4ca9f2df14100a2bf <https://gist.github.com/montegoulding/2cc4ca9f2df14100a2bf>

Thanks. Yeah, I saw a flurry of email notices.

> It also fixes the submodules to point to your submodule forks as origin and the livecode one as upstream in case you ever want to contribute a change to those repos (ducks for cover).

Heh.
I also saw the email notice on the fact that we can expect a lot more
submodules in the future to deal with widgets. Not something I'm looking
forward to.

> Only tested on OS X but it will work on Linux and *should* work on Windows presuming you have installed git commands for the command line and not just under git bash.

It appears to be written as a script-only stack for LC8. Since I ran
this in LC6.7.5, I just copied the script minus the first line into the
card script. That almost ran properly, only causing a harmless error on
the final line of the preOpenCard handler. If I would have moved the
preOpenCard handler into the stack script that would have worked.

But it otherwise did the job on linux.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com