Window decorations and the effective rect issue

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Sep 9 14:43:39 EDT 2015

Scott,

See the dictionary entry for "rectangle". There is a specific note that,
as of LC6, the effective rect of a stack includes its decorations and
window borders and is also settable. IMHO it was one of the best new
features of LC6+. What I did nto realize, but discovered this week was
that you can also get and set the effective topLeft, top, height, width,
left, bottom, etc. etc, of a stack and the value will factor in the
window decorations and borders. It is really handy!

set the height of stack "X" to tSomevalue -- based on its contents i.e.
it's inside dimensions
get the effective height of stack "X" -- will now tell you the resulting
outside dimensions after adjusting for the inside change!
OR Vice Versa
set the effective height of stack "X" to tSomevalue -- set the stack's
outside height
get the height of stack "X" -- will now tell you the resulting inside
height you have to work with!