Editing Large Scripts is Faster

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 4 19:02:36 EDT 2015

Ali Lloyd wrote:

>> be made to the revscripteditor.rev script for LC7. Why is that any harder
>> than any other fix to IDE stack scripts? The fact that LC8 uses scriptified
>> stacks shouldn't even come up in that discussion.
>> >>

> It's not harder. I'm saying it can't be accepted as a community
> contribution, because whichever way you slice it, it involves binary
> stacks.

It's on a computer, Ali - ultimately everything is binary. :)

Let's not let Github's limitation impede meaningful work.

What we need is a way to ensure that the changes applied are the changes
we want.

Format is a distant second to that, merely a means to that end and
something we can overcome.

Let's brainstorm ways to fix this critical problem holding up so much of
the work we could be sharing.

It may not be Github, but it doesn't have to be.  Github was designed
for C programmers working on the Linux kernel.  Different problem,
different tools.  If we need a uniquely-LiveCode solution to assist with
some parts of IDE development, well, it wouldn't be the first time
LiveCode's unusual nature requires fresh thinking.

After all, the reason we're all here is because LiveCode isn't like
everything else.

Let's do this.

--
  Richard Gaskin