[ANN]SoCal LiveCode Meeting, Sept 3

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 1 02:08:40 EDT 2015

Dick Kriesel wrote:
 > On Aug 31, 2015, at 7:36 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> Dick Kreisel's contribution was the fastest.
 >
 > I stood on the shoulders of giants.  You and Bernd provided the
 > breakthroughs in speed.  Thanks for your code and your constructive
 > influence.
 >
 > Can I come to your SoCal meeting virtually?

If by "virtually" you mean "not driving because I took the train" I'd
happily pick you up at Union Station. :)

But if you were thinking more along the lines of a webcast of some sort,
I think our informal meeting structure and the layout and acoustics of
the venue wouldn't lend themselves well to that.  Amidst poor audio the
most striking moment would be when dessert arrives, and you'd become
insanely jealous when you see the excellent selection of pies they serve
up at Du-par's. :)

But if you're ever in the 'hood on the first Thursday of any month we'd
love to have you.

And of course that goes for anyone else on this list, and that includes
picking you up at the train station.  Just let me know in advance.  My
office is only a few minutes from Union Station, and the venue is just a
couple minutes from our local Metro station, so if anyone wants to
arrive via train I'll happily be your solution to the last-mile problem.
We don't have nearly enough trains in California, but the few we have
are pretty nice.

PS: As for virtual meetings, I've been thinking our community might
benefit from monthly online get-togethers vis Google Hangouts, and it
turns out Todd Fabacher has been thinking alone the same lines.  We're
working together to arrive at a schedule that can work for the greatest
number of time zones and our own ongoing commitments, but it looks like
we'll kick this off this month.  More info to come as we work out the
details....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems