Why won't this work.

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 01:12:49 EDT 2015

To describe the other aspect of this, you can only use a variable
containing a long id as a reference to the underlying object if you
reference properties of the object. Hence why

put the long id of fld "test" into tID
set the left of tID to 47
set the vis of tID to true
set the dontwrap of tiD to false
set the htmlText of tID to "something"
set the text of tID to "something else"

all work, but

put "some text" into tID

will just change the contents of the variable. I have vague memories of
some exceptions to this, but it was a long time ago, so maybe I'm wrong, or
LC has addressed the issues.

gc