"lineAtOffset"?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 29 13:37:39 EDT 2015

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > So my gut feeling is, for smaller strings the time it takes is really
 > inconsequential. For larger strings it seems like adding an argument
 > to the existing function to designate what data you want returned
 > would suffice.

What would that syntax look like?

 > Also, didn't someone do some work comparing lineOffset with repeat
 > for each line?

That's effectively what I'm proposing here, an option that allows us to
not only know the line number but also return the text at that line,
just as "repeat for each line..." does that "repeat with i = 1 to the
number of lines..." doesn't.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems