Implementing Open Language

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 27 13:07:13 EDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 9:48 AM, Bruce Humphrey wrote:
> Frankly I wish the little bugger (script editor) would provide the
> full phrase syntax requirements as I am constantly stuck with newbie
> errors in prepositions (using "in" instead of "with") or habitually
> using old HyperTalk structures that LiveCode chokes on. They make
> sense to ME.

You can get close to having that if you leave the Documentation pane
visible in the variable watcher at the bottom of the editor. When the
insertion point is in a keyword, the Docs pane shows you the syntax. You
can tick the checkbox at the lower right to see the entire dictionary
entry, or just leave the abbreviated version visible if all you need is
the syntax.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com