How script the widget Switchbutton ?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Oct 27 10:45:56 EDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 10:26 AM, Klaus major-k wrote:
> Because this is a widget and not a „normal“ button!

Currently in LC8.0.0dp7, when creating a widget like the switch button
with a simple on/off state, can you NOT use the hilite property. Did the
creator of the switch button have to use a new "SwitchIsOn" property or
could they have used hilite (or highlight or any of the aliases) for
consistency with other button or button-like controls?

I'm not criticizing the choice, I am just curious about the state of LC8
and it limitations or strength in utilizing existing control properties
in widgets
.