What is "Open Language"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 27 05:05:49 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-27 09:57, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> Indeed - my train had arrived at my destination and I didn't have time
>> to respond to the next post.
>
> You did it again… is it a metaphorical train ;-)

No, this one was definitely a physical train... Of course, that is
assuming that the entire universe isn't just an illusion perpetrated by
my non-Turing Machine mind ;)

> I actually did that a few weeks back asking if it would be
> implemented. I’m not really expecting I’ll be able to get my head
> around gentle enough in the time I can allocate to FOSS contributions
> to be much more than a hindrance but I’m happy to discuss it ;-)

Hehe - ah - I think I remember that - sorry... I suspect it got lost
amongst a few other things. Switch is actually really easy to implement
- the hardest part is working out what sort it should be. I'll see if I
can collate some various examples from different languages so we can see
what would work best.

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps