What is "Open Language"?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 27 04:45:12 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-26 18:17, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I proceed on the assumption you are talking about artificial
> intelligence. If not, read no further.

I wasn't. I was talking from an 'engineering pragmatism' point of view
:)

My iPhone's keyboard isn't sentient, yet it still manages a reasonable
approximation to 'guess' what I'm trying to type.

Amazon's database isn't sentient, yet it still manages to suggest
reasonable things based on its 'knowledge' of what I've bought before.

These are just algorithms running over input data of course, but they
make a jolly good job of approximating a task which (at first sight)
might appear to be something which requires some sort of human behind
them to 'understand' what is going on.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps