parentheses within string break value()

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:48:04 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> on mouseUp
>    put "Abc" & 45 & "123(def)" into tTest
>    put  value (tTest)
> end mouseUp
>
> tTest results in Abc45123(def) so you are trying to get the value of the
> result of a function called Abc45123() where you pass a value in a variable
> called def. At run time, do you have a function Abc45123()? Is there a
> variable def? If the answer is no to either of these, well there's your
> problem! :-)

But that's not quite what I'm looking at here.

 put quote & "Abc" & quote & 45 & quote & "123(def)"  & quote into tTest

gives the type of string I'm looking at.  That is, 123(def) is surrounded
by quotes *in the string* being fed to value, and therefore should be
treated as a literal, shouldn't it?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462