glx2

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 26 11:13:33 EDT 2015

A few notes about GLX2. There are no red dot breakpoints in GLX2 (unless I am missing something).

So you might be tempted to turn on and off GLX2 as needed. Problem is, GLX2 has it's own versioning system  that allows you to go back x compiles to a prior version. The built-in compiler does not know about this, so switching from GLX2 back to the built-in debugger has a surprise for you. It will load a prior version of your script without all the changes you may have recently made.

There is a feature to account for this, warning you that the version it's loading and the version it expected are not the same, but I have found this unreliable at times, and I have lost edits switching back and forth with a stack open. So don't get into the habit of turning it on and off in a session. Use it, or don't.

Other than that, I like it a lot, especially the clarvoyance feature which presents a popup of similar matches after typing x characters. That is mainly what I use it for, along with the breadcrumbs feature which adds a link to where you were when you clicked a handler to go to that handler.

Bob S