catching pasted text and forcing unicode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:24:31 EDT 2015

There is not a circumstance in which I will need to use multi-byted.
ASCII would be fine, but it is missing the section (§) symbol, and the
occasional ñ in a name.

I do, however, have to deal with the mac/windows/unix character set split.
Particularly, I need to watch for things being pasted in, both by users and
in the development environment.

I suppose the set of problematic characters is fairly small--section &
paragraphs symbols, and curly quotes being the notable ones.

Is there a civilized way to catch incoming text pasted into a field and
cover it properly?  Ideally, in a way that would catch that someone had
copied from one of those idiotic web pages that were made with ms word and
have windows characters, even though the person was using a mac?

And once generated, my pdfs need to be able to print/view on a different
platform.

Should I be playing with htmlText to force this?

When I'm generating a new form, I generally paste from the host pdf to
label fields.  I then have a script that tests the text for formatting, and
saves that information.  Could I do some testing here?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462