Different window behavior in LC 6.7.6 and up

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Oct 23 11:00:17 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a stack, using as a kind of answer dialog with 3 buttons, where I
dynamically change the button labels, visibility, default, width etc.
depending on the kind of answer dialog I just need. I usually keep this
stack all time open and just show and hide it, when needed.

In my dialog control handler I make all the settings and the last statement
is: show stack foo. This worked fine all time long up to 6.5.2 on Win and OS
X. In 6.7.6 on OS X LiveCode messes up the display of these dynamic buttons
and mixes different states of them. It seems that the window always has the
buttons and properties of the previous and the current window. On Windows it
still works like ever. Now I found out that when using lock/unlock screen
and putting the show stack as the first command, before changing the button
properties, it works also on OS X correct. I can use this workaround, but I
don't know, in how many programs and handlers I have used this method of
displaying stacks and what will catch me up, when upgrading to 6.7.6.

Is this a bug to be filed or wanted behavior without upward compatibility?
Is my method how to handle this dialog stack so out of "how to do it" and it
would be a good advice to check and change all my programs? Anybody have had
similar experiences?

Thanks

Tiemo