[ANN] "language-livecode" 0.6.0 for Atom Editor

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 22 13:54:36 EDT 2015

The point isn't to use it for general purpose script editing.  The point is
to use it for LCB and LC Server scripts, and for libraries and other things
that aren't all hooked into the IDE.

Libraries are a good example, because if there are multiple people working
on it, if the library is stored in Git, it's easier to do version control.
Atom integrates very nicely with Git.

I have been thinking about whether I would write a plugin for LC that would
let Atom be easier to use as a script editor, by pulling scripts from LC
and putting them back in stacks, which would overcome some of the
annoyances with the LC SE, but we ain't there, or anywhere close.  For now,
for most general purpose script editing, the SE is the way to go.