there is a folder empty -- returns true. Bug?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Oct 21 14:01:11 EDT 2015

Hi Tiemo,

On 2015-10-21 18:52, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Windows 7, since LC 6.7 (or 6.6.?):
>
> there is a folder empty
>
> returns true. Up to 6.5 it returned false, as expected for me. Is this
> a bug
> (I didn't found a file in QC) or a wanted behavior? Anybody else seeing
> this?

Please do file a bug report - I don't think 'there is a folder empty'
should return true (unless of course, there is actually a folder with no
name in the current directory - assuming this is possible...).

I suspect this came about as a result of work we've done trying to
uniformize the way paths are turned into absolute paths. 'empty' is
probably resolving to a path representing the current working directory
as 'empty' would be seen as a relative path and thus turn into 'the
defaultFolder & empty' - which obviously does exist. (With hindsight
this is an obvious thing to special-case, however it is possible we
missed it at the time).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps