Quicktime in Windows 10?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Mon Oct 19 17:13:27 EDT 2015

On 10/19/2015 2:46 PM, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m getting reports that users aren’t able to install Quicktime on their new Windows 10 machines.
>
> Any news or experiences with this?

The Quicktime 7.7.8 installer will not let you install under Windows 8,
8.1, or Windows 10. Apple now makes it only available for Vista and
Windows 7.

The Quicktime 7.7.6 installer
(https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/QuickTime/031-08466.20141022.Xwlnm/QuickTimeInstaller.exe)
will install under Windows 8.x and 10 and works and runs fine (we did a
fair amount of QA testing) on both those versions of Windows.

We've take to directing our customers to download using our links to the
QT 7.7.6 installer. Hopefully that will last until LC <something past
version 8> where there will be a supported cross-platform media player.