Looking for SVG Test files

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:25:11 EDT 2015

On 18/10/15 20:02, Colin Holgate wrote:
> Well, who is?

I am sure I am not the only person "out there" who:

1. Does not have money to buy software.

2. Feels a bit 'wiggly' about using Pirate Software.

And, as there is now a plethora of free solutions, whether open-source
or otherwise,
that really should stop no-one who wants to do something creative on a
computer.

To illustrate this point:

I can buy a reasonable 3 year old computer here (Bulgaria) [with an 80
GB Hard disk] for about 100 Leva = 50 Euros = $57,
a similar flat-screen monitor for 25-50 leva:

1. Install some type of Linux on the thing.

2. LiveCode community.

3. GIMP.

4. Inkscape.

5. Firefox.

6. LibreOffice.

And, to all intents and purposes, one is up and running for under a
hundred greenbacks!

In fact, I have quite a number of pupils who come to my language school
whose parents are not really
up to spending a lot of money on a system for their kid: I am always
happy to install the above for free
on a $100 system: lots of happy and productive kids.  And, after a
while, the parents are coming back to me to
change their "tired" PCs over from Windows XP to something like Xubuntu.

Whether one is a cheap-jack because one has Scots blood in one (!!!!!),
or out of necessity, that is never going to be
an adequate excuse for stopping your kid learning how to program and
generally function on a computer.

Richmond.