scaleFactor strangeness

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 14 16:12:42 EDT 2015

Mark Waddingham wrote:
> On 2015-10-14 09:46, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Maybe those could be handled as the HTML Canvas does, in which the
>> coordinates you use remain the same and the scale factor takes case of
>> the translation for us when rendering.
>
> The problem is the mixture of co-ordinate systems on a card, if you have
> a scaled button in a group and an unscaled button outside of a group -
> how do coords work in an arbitrary script potentially unrelated to
> either?

How is that handled in HTML's Canvas?  Is the SVG Canvas any different?

I don't want to talk you out of adding the stack viewer object if that's
easier to do (that's the one thing I miss from Gain Momenum), but given
how HTML5 and SVG allow different scales for different objects I'd favor
any solution that reduces learning time for folks familiar with those
popular solutions.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems