sha digest

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 14 14:08:54 EDT 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:

> Mark Waddingham <mark at ...> writes:
>> I wrote up a spec a while ago about digest functions in LC. There's a PR
>> for the spec here:
>>
>> https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/1897
>>
>> Please feel free to read and add any comments on the syntax etc. and
>> reasonings that are there.
>
> Looks. good.

+1

There's an sha256 I needed not long ago in Mark Smith's library, and its
output matches what I get from other tools so it seems to be reasonably
robust.

But given the importance of good cryptographic hashes, and that many are
computationally intensive, I very much appreciate the thought going into
this method for adding new ones.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems