scaleFactor strangeness

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Oct 14 05:07:48 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-14 11:01, Monte Goulding wrote:
> That’s what I mean and if you present it somewhere else (different
> window or view) then it moves and the previous view is emptied. If you
> want two instances you clone the stack.

Yes - that would be the simplest way to do things (both technically, and
from an actual use point of view).

I'll need to ponder where we are with the various 'abstractions' in the
engine. The main problem is that MCStack has long been a hybrid
window-stack - really, a 'stack' and a 'window' are two distinct
concepts and I'm not sure they aren't entirely unentangled yet (Ian has
worked on separating things out on and off for years - during the
process of implementing High-DPI support and things like
fullScreenMode).

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps