Learning Materials

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Oct 13 20:39:37 EDT 2015

On 10/13/2015 12:29 PM, Heather Laine wrote:
> The lessons site is not the be-all and end-all. A users wiki might be a good thing to add to it. However, I am also in favour of improving what we have, rather than attempting to replace it wholesale because its not perfect. A great way to ensure this happens is to request a lesson on any particular topic you want the answer to. If you can't find the answer chances are lots of other people can't either, and a lesson would be a good thing to add. Requests can be submitted to support at livecode.com <mailto:support at livecode.com>.

I don't see this as an either/or thing.

Since many third-party help sites (wikis, collections of code, etc) have
sprung up because of the lack of this information from the livecode.com
site itself, I think it would be useful if the main site would link to
these other resources. I'm rather tired of maintaining my own list of
browser bookmarks, and my list doesn't do anyone else any good.
'Resources' seems like a good place for links.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com