[ANN] mergExt: BLE, Google spreadsheets, Map directions, iOS 9 & special price

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Oct 12 18:18:34 EDT 2015

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 9:04 am, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com> wrote:
>
> I know I can't be the only LC user that would renew the full suite if
> Android was included.  Especially for access to the Google api stuff.
> Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

Well if you can point me to a C or C++ sdk I’ll gladly do it and we can have Windows, Linux and server too. mergGoogle uses an objective-c sdk which is why it’s iOS & OS X only. Where I’ve been able to use cross platform libraries I’ve made the externals cross platform too (mergJSON, mergMarkdown). Now of course mergGoogle is just calling web api so it would be feasible to implement it in LiveCode. The cost of doing so is obviously a lot higher (both for initial implementation and ling term maintenance) than hooking up google’s official sdk which as I mentioned is not available as a cross platform library…

Cheers

Monte