[ANN] LiveCode List Processor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 12 17:51:15 EDT 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:
 >
 >> Given the simplicity of chunk expressions, is that needed?
 >
 > Absolutely. LiveCode doesn't without additional complexity support
 > singly- or doubly-linked listed of arbitrary objects.

I realize extra code is needed to implement linked lists of objects, my
question is whether we need to work that hard to handle chunks of data
in LiveCode.

I may well simply misunderstand the role of his library.  I had thought
it was focused on working with data rather than objects, and if so it
would seem a relatively simple matter of maintaining a pointer into a
return-delimited chunk for the "next", "prev", etc. features he
described, along with chunk expressions.

I hadn't considered the possibility of using theses lists to contain
objects, though.  Interesting idea, but I'm not sure how I'd use that.
Seems to be a pattern with me today - time for better coffeee.... :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems