IPV6...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Oct 12 15:36:01 EDT 2015

My tongue was partially in my cheek, yes. I understand that the diminishing address pool is a problem. What I am unsure about is why it is necessary to have everything everywhere convert to a system which is as complex as the MAC address scheme IPV4 was supposed to alleviate. I can just remember a subnet and a few IPV4 addresses. I can promise you I will *NOT* remember a single IPV6 address. If that is the case, why not just eliminate the whole layer 3 and just use Mac addresses from now on? (Again, tongue in cheek).

My point is that I think we can do IPV6 on the WAN side of things whilst maintaining IPV4 on the local side. Which gets back to the question, why is Apple pushing for IPV6 ONLY and the local level?

Bob S