IPV6...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 12 14:34:57 EDT 2015

There are so many ways climate change and IP address allocation are
different it's difficult to tell if you were just having fun, but the
simplest and most important is this:

With climate change the number of variables in play are so vast that one
could quite plausibly suggest it's the single most complex model humans
have ever attempted.

But the IPv4 address range is a single integer, easily discerned by the
scheme.

People seem to enjoy debating climate change, but there's not much room
for debating the largest value that can be expressed by a four-byte integer.

Unless there's some vast conspiracy between IANA, national leaders,
device manufacturers, and industry analysts about the growing number of
devices in use, any reasonable person can look at the number of devices
and the range of possible IPv4 addresses, and quickly appreciate the
recommendation from IANA that another larger scheme is needed, and soon.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems