Widget structure questions

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun Oct 11 04:10:26 EDT 2015

Well we can certainly come up with a list of the handlers which are definitely part of the API used by the palettes.

I'd point out that the format on disk of the extensions folder and the metadata file hadn't been 'officially sanctioned' as not going to change either... Hence why the IDE indirects through a library with a reasonable api to manipulate such things.

Indeed, having to rewrite code that replicates code in the IDE because something has to be tweaked at a lower-level (eg manifest format, file layout) seems like a lot more work than potentially having to tweak the use of an IDE API.

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone