Widget structure questions

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Oct 11 02:02:31 EDT 2015

On 10/10/2015 05:54 PM, Mark Waddingham wrote:
> I don't think I expressed myself very well in the bug report you filed...
>
> The examples for syntax shouldn't use undocumented / ide functions - as it is misleading.
>
> The ide functions as yet aren't documented but at some point will be as a 'how to write ide components' reference.
>
> However, that being said, there are IDE APIs for accessing all information related to widgets so using those is the best approach for such things rather than writing bespoke code that processes their form on disk and in XML files.
>
> The best thing to do is to have a look through revidelibrary and revideextensionlibrary.

OK. That puts things a bit more into perspective.
I'm still reluctant, though, to rely on using things I've found while
poking around in the IDE stacks without having them officially
sanctioned unless there's no way around it. Thus my original bug report
on that issue. I would worry that the IDE stacks may get refactored and
some of the functions I count on have disappeared. I'm not suggesting
that every handler in the IDE should be in the dictionary, but I think
I'll keep asking for official sanction before committing function xyz to
use.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com