Widget structure questions

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sat Oct 10 20:54:10 EDT 2015

I don't think I expressed myself very well in the bug report you filed...

The examples for syntax shouldn't use undocumented / ide functions - as it is misleading.

The ide functions as yet aren't documented but at some point will be as a 'how to write ide components' reference.

However, that being said, there are IDE APIs for accessing all information related to widgets so using those is the best approach for such things rather than writing bespoke code that processes their form on disk and in XML files.

The best thing to do is to have a look through revidelibrary and revideextensionlibrary.

Mark.

Sent from my iPhone