customProperties or similar for words in a field?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:58:13 EDT 2015

Most of what I generate is forms, so keeping track of fields is easy and
natural.

I am now getting to motions, which will use data much like mail-merge in a
word processor.   So I might use something like

Debtor ##dname## filed this petition on ##petdate##

to generate

Debtor John Doe filed this petition on 1/15/2015

For short things, it would be easy enough on rendering output to watch for
words starting with ## and place the data field over the word, either on
first render or possibly on the fly with mouseMove.

This won't work "well" for a phrase, though, which can wrap.

But if I could do something on initial render like

put getVal("thePhrase") into theVa

replace word i of tgField with theVal

set the theProp of word i to i + the number of words in theVal -1 to
"thePhrase"

things would be fairly straightforward to monitor.

I need to monitor, as that data changes, it needs o go back into the
database

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462