Learning Materials

James Hale james at thehales.id.au
Fri Oct 9 22:36:58 EDT 2015

I honestly am not sure what LC are thinking or where they get their marketing advice but I am failing to see a positive in this unless you are completely new to the platform.
Why?
Simply because if what has happened with the create-it course is indicative of how LC does things one has to be concerned.
As has been mentioned, the create-it course is both incomplete and buggy. Yet it was announced with much fanfare and figured prominently on the site. It is now even offered to all. Well that is obviously a problem now.

"Here, you get free access to a buggy incomplete course which will...well get you started, but if you really want something good, buy this new improved (but untested) course for $75!"

Why would anyone think this new, improved course will be any different?
Talk about parading one's failures.
Wouldn't it have been better to get the create-it course right and perhaps offer a more advanced course?
I think anyone who actually paid for the create-it course would be feeling a bit p*ssed off.

James