LC 8 Property Inspector

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Oct 8 22:23:29 EDT 2015

On 10/08/2015 02:14 AM, Ali Lloyd wrote:

> 2) The new inspector is *really* flexible for the classic objects. Have a
> look at this fix for bug 16118 (no way to change a scrollbar's tooltip in
> the property inspector):
> https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/pull/562/files

Well, OK, I do have to thank you for fixing that, but I guess I really
expected it to be fixed in the existing property editor, not so much in
the experimental one. I guess filing the bug report against dp6 was a
mistake, but that's the latest I still saw the problem in.

> We'd like to make it as good and useful as possible. If the worst you can
> say is you can't see any advantages, then I think the non-obvious ones
> above make it well worth it ;-) Otherwise it would be great to hear
> constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement.

Well, I've been thinking of the the new IDE framework as just being that
and allowing for plugin replacement of the various components. It seems
from the App Browser / Project Browser and Property Inspector arguments
that I've been expecting too much, and we really can't have alternatives.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com