LC 8 Property Inspector

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Oct 8 15:55:37 EDT 2015

Completeness is indeed important, especially to newcomers as you point out.
There are some strange omissions from the pre-8 PI, e.g. it doesn't have a
place to specify a behavior for an option menu which, when I first started
using LC, led me to believe option menus couldn't have behaviors for some
reason.  I see that's been corrected in v8.

However, once you're past the newcomer stage, showing every possible
property is probably something you don't want, which brings me to the issue
of layout flexibility, the ability to organize properties together in a way
that makes sense for each individual user.  I want the properties I use the
most to show on a single tab, visible when I open the PI for an object,
with other properties grouped together in other tabs that fit the way I
work, even excluding some which I never use.

In some cases, properties seem like they are in the wrong place to me.  For
example,  the textHeight and firstIndent properties belong in the Text
formatting tab, not the basic tab, particularly textHeight which is
automatically changed when you change the font size.

I'm not sure the team should be devoting time to things like that right now
or maybe ever, so I included the ability to do all of the above in
lcStackBrowser

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>