Basic grouches about LiveCode 8

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Oct 6 02:33:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-10-06 04:11, Monte Goulding wrote:
>> On 6 Oct 2015, at 1:05 pm, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Is that why LC8 takes longer to open?
>
> Could be, I think most of it is because of the docs.

This is the most likely explanation - the docs are merged together on
startup (so that they can be added to by third-parties easily).

> @livecodeali If this is slowing the load of the load of IDE a lot then
> one thing you could do is switch script only stacks to binary stacks
> during your release builds. At that point there’s no longer any
> benefit to them to being in a mergable file format.

Script only stacks have no effect on load time - they are just a script
which is set as the stack script of a stack when loaded.

I also doubt that (given the small number of controls involved) the
creation of UI elements on-the-fly is having any measurable effect.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps