[OT-ish] new Meetup group

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 15:17:43 EDT 2015

A user group that I’ve belonged to for quite a long time has become quieter in the last couple of years. We went from having weekly meetings, where 10-30 people would show up to just talk about Flash related topics, down to monthly meetings that covered a wide range of tools, where in some cases only me and another organizer would show up!

To try to revive things a bit I started a new Meetup group. I haven’t yet set a date for the first meeting, I first wanted to break the news to the old group’s members, as we’ll most likely stop doing those meetings. I did that recently, and several of that group have signed up for the new Meetup group. There are 38 members so far.

I have been given permission to hold the meetings at the office I go to. It’s a neat place, open plan 6000 square feet, with movable dividers so that the whole room can be configured for different purposes. Here’s a Google Street View of the place:

https://goo.gl/maps/6K5TP <https://goo.gl/maps/6K5TP>

Anyway, LiveCode certainly falls in the range of tools that we will have meetings about, so if you’re in the NYC area and would like to come along, here’s the Meetup page:

http://www.meetup.com/NYCoders-App-Development-Meetup/