scheduling

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Oct 2 13:39:27 EDT 2015

I did some work in this regard in an app I called Conference Scheduler Lite. The big thing with date and time calculations is understanding that an event scheduled for 08:00 - 10:00 does NOT conflict with one from 10:00 to 12:00. Also, someone staying in a room from the first to the third does NOT conflict with someone staying from the 3rd to the 5th. In other words, times and dates can touch without overlapping. Special case has to be used for this in any SQL queries.

I also recently wrote a time calc function that can give you the difference between two times so that 12:00 to  13:00 produces 1:00. It's not a trivial thing to do. I ended up using the approach of converting values to seconds, doing the math then converting it back to hours:minutes:seconds again.

Bob S